Now accepting applications for 2019!
Each year we award scholarships to two CURRENT high school juniors who foster community pride and service to the people of Findlay and the surrounding community! 2019 This year we will award two $1,000 scholarships! Flag City BalloonFest scholarship winners will be recognized at the festival around 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 10.
2018 Flag City BalloonFest Ambassador Scholarship winners, Emily Klein from Findlay High School and Andrew Borkosky of Riverdale High School.
Flag City BalloonFest Ambassador Scholarship Requirements
Click here to view and download the 2019 Flag City BalloonFest Ambassador Scholarship Guidelines. To be eligible, students must:
- Be a current member of his/her high school junior class with anticipated graduation in 2020
- Be a current resident of Hancock County or attending a school in Hancock County
- Plan to attend a two-year or four-year college of university upon graduation from high school
- Have a minimum 3.25 grade point average
- Submit an application form with service hour record form, extra curricular activities and essay prior to May 31, 2019. The essay prompt is "Discuss why you feel that service to others is an important part of living in a society"
Please note: recipients will be encouraged, but not required, to attend BalloonFest activities and promote the BalloonFest in the community.
Deadline has been extended to: May 31, 2019
2017 Flag City BalloonFest Ambassador Scholarship winners, Findlay High School seniors Kayla Keckler and Amy Barto.