Hot Air Balloon Rides
Make the 2018 Flag City Balloonfest one of the most memorable experiences of your lifetime by signing up for a hot air balloon ride. The general public is invited to participate during the Flag City BalloonFest taking place Aug. 10 - 12, 2018 in Findlay, OH! Below you will find information about tethered balloon rides and full hot air balloon rides.
Balloon flights are scheduled for Friday, Aug. 10 and Saturday, Aug. 11. Pre-registration and payment is required.
Price: $250 per ride, per person
All balloon activity is wind and weather permitting, but we will do everything we can to reschedule your flight if need be! If the ride is canceled due to wind or weather, you have the following options:
- Request a refund
- Fly Sunday morning (Aug. 12)
- Reschedule for a later date
Please click on the flight options below to view availability and register:
*Sunday morning is reserved for make-up flights if needed.
Information for riders:
- Be sure to arrive at the Information Tent at Emory Adams Park on time. Sorry, no refund if you miss the flight. Please allow for heavy traffic for the evening flights.
- The highly experienced and entertaining pilot, Brian Trapp, and his balloon “Tiny” can carry up to 10 riders depending on passenger weight.
- We welcome families and groups of friends. If this sounds like fun…make one reservation that includes multiple rides!
$225 refund is available ONLY if the following occurs ($25 is nonrefundable due to incurred costs):
- The ride is cancelled due to high winds or poor weather.
- The ride is cancelled 72 hours before the flight.
- The ride is cancelled within 72 hours of the flight and we can find a replacement.
Tethered Balloon Rides
If you'd like to experience what it's like to ride in a hot air balloon without going on a full flight, this is perfect for you. Tethered balloon rides will take you up in a hot air balloon, but it's attached to the ground, so you only go so far. It's open to all ages and it's a perfect introduction to hot air balloon riding!
Rides are first-come, first-served and run 6 p.m. to dusk on Friday and Saturday (weather permitting)!
- $25 per passenger/per ride
- No tickets required - passengers pay at the gate!
- Depending on passenger weight, up to four people can ride at once
You'll find the tethered balloon rides at the north end of the balloon area at Emory Adams Park. Click here to view the event map.